Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Long-Brief Update

180508 1217AM

Hello, hello, hello,

SHOUTOUT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY EUNIS!

It has been yonkers since my last proper post. So much has happened since then and though I would love to fill you in with the juicy details, I just don't think a few words in a blog would do the recount justice. So, I better simply sum it up rather than attempting a total recall...

I have a new sewing machine
It's totally awesome and I love it so much. I've still got to attend those lessons at a community centre with old, wrinkly ladies, working their magic with a sewing machine...

I want four kids instead of six
This is because I am taking into account my current AGE, which poses as a real problem... (moving swiftly on...)

I am desperate for a clutch
I've been looking for a clutch I can take out whenever, wherever without looking too dressed up, yet not entire under dressed? Currentlly considering making my own with my new sewing machine...

Easy Mixes of the 80s and 90s
Once again, my mental age has placed me in a new age bracket before my age does. Though it has been almost a year since I left the 18-21 bracket, I have been feeling the generation gap between *youths* and myself ever so strongly lately. Especially when all the *cool* songs are now on 106.5, with the occasional song on 104.1... I couldn't believe that a song that used to be played on 104.1 during the early years of high school has now migrated to 106.5. It made me reflect on intimidated by high school kids I am now, seeing them around the station, on George Street, around the library... and then tut tutting them, thinking *I was never like that* or *Why don't they go home?*. I was never a child because I was born an adult. True story.

Light at the end of the tunnel
I am literally 1.5 semesters away from the end of my first 5 years of studies at uni. 5 years is a long time and now, when I tell high school kids about uni, speaking of STAT170 or ACST101, actually sends a wave of reminiscence over me.


More to come...



JYKW
xxoo

No comments: